Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Google Reader Experience

I must say that I have seen the acronym RSS but haven't really learned what they are about. I think it is a great idea for tapping into these feeds and using a program like Google Reader to be surfing the net for you. As teachers we are all about finding the time. This is brilliant. I now can tap into any information that pertains to me and the subject areas that I teach and have this info delivered right to me. Not only that, but I can now tag it myself or share it so that my students can get the news feeds, pictures, podcasts, or web applications that I want them to have with a simple click of a button. I enjoyed doing this assignment very much.

At this point I don’t see the initial value in this technology with my grade 5 & 6 students. I’m not sure what information I want to organize for them to visit and stay tuned into. I’m sure with experiencing this more I will gain an insight as to how I might use it with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment